Did you miss our most recent Marketing in the Morning seminar?
Never fear, we have the presentation here.
13 Trends Sure to Impact 2013
1. Inbound vs. Outbound Marketing – inbound marketing is about adding value and earning customer loyalty vs. sharing a message through paid media and hoping it sticks.
2. Content is King – it’s a commitment, not a campaign. Content must be targeted and distributed aggressively.
3. Brand Visualization is Queen – consistent visualization allows your marketing to be more succinct and more effective. Package it with eye-catching imagery.
4. Humanize the Brand – Steve Jobs very successfully “humanized” his brand. It was alive in their corporate culture and carried over into their marketing. Think about it – Apple is a brand, Dell is a computer.
5. Social Media Reaches Critical Mass – social media is no longer a trend. It’s a way of business.
6. Mobile Reaches Tipping Point – probably by the time next year’s trends are out, more people will consume online content via a mobile device than a traditional computer. Designing content for mobile is now mandatory.
7. Big, Actionable Data – collect and use data to serve customers. For example, British Airways flight attendants know all about you before you step onto the aircraft and use “data” to have a pillow and blanket ready for you.
8. Leads, Leads, Leads – identifying and nurturing leads are the new responsibilities of marketing.
9. Building Brand Experience – creating a face-to-face/brand-to-client experience through custom events, experiences and even trade shows is the #1 most effective way to market your B2B brand.
10. Traditional Media is Alive – we still watch TV… the average American watches 33 hours per week. And we do NOT skip all of the commercials.
11. Convergence + Integration – integrate all these tools while using the right tool to reach the right audience. It’s the Rule of 5: create your message and deliver it in 5 ways.
12. Retail is Everywhere – reanalyze and potentially redesign your customer’s buying experience. For example, order and purchase your lunch via the Chipotle app. Then waltz to the front of the long line to pick-up your order.
13. Strategy is the New “Black” – it’s essential. It’s the little black dress of every woman’s wardrobe. Stop chasing fireflies (e.g. whatever is new and popular) and build a marketing strategy.
Hungry for more free marketing advice? Wondering how to reach specific age groups with your message? We would love to have you join us for our next Marketing in the Morning at 8 a.m. on April 10.